Event Parking Reservations
TAPS can coordinate parking for your next on campus event. From daily parking permits to reserved spaces with an attendant, we can help make your next event a success.
As soon as you begin event planning, consider where your guests will park. Some locations on campus have more adequate parking than others. Also consider other impacts on campus parking availability, such as home football games, the back to school rush, large conventions or events, etc.
Event Parking Permits
Parking is an increasingly scarce commodity on campus and the cost of maintaining/enhancing/building parking facilities is increasing. In fairness to the University community, events utilizing these facilities should share in their expense.
Event Parking Permits are available in a limited number of parking areas at a per vehicle per day cost to organizations sponsoring events on campus, with TAPS approval.
Event permits for departments are $4 per permit. Daily parking permits for departments are $5 per permit
Permit Requests and Payment
*Permit requests may only be submitted by employees of the University of Florida.*
Submit Event Parking Permit orders at least one week in advance.
Payment may be made by Visa/Mastercard, or by P-card online or in person.
Use Of Permits
- Permits may not be used by vendors or UF/Shands students, faculty or staff
- Permits are valid only on the date(s) shown and only in the areas designated*
- Only original permits will be honored; permits may not be duplicated or altered
- Permits are not replaceable or refundable
- Unused permits or permits for cancelled events are non-refundable
- Permits may be exchanged for rescheduled events only
*Event Parking Permits do not guarantee a parking space. They provide the same opportunity to park on campus enjoyed by our faculty and staff.
Event Parking Reservations
TAPS offers event parking reservations for on campus events sponsored by UF departments, student organizations, businesses and the general public.
It’s easy and affordable for your department or organization to reserve parking spaces for your next on campus event.
Reservation Fees and Policies
Event parking reservations are billed at $75 event registration fee plus $39 per hour or any part of an hour per parking attendant with a 3-hour minimum per attendant.
Our attendants need to start reserving spaces by 7:00am to ensure that the spaces remain available for your guests. Once parked, your guests can remain parked as long as they like, but after the the event start time has passed they cannot leave and reenter the spaces.
Parking event reservations will only be made when your guests are coming to your event from off campus and are not available for student, faculty, or staff attendees.
- Submission of the Event Parking Reservation Request Form does not guarantee that your request will be approved.
- Your request is not approved until you have received email confirmation.
- Not all requests can be approved due to limited parking availability on campus.
- Please submit your request as early in the event planning process as possible, but no later than 1 week before your event.
- TAPS may elect to lift restrictions at a specific lot or garage instead of reserving spaces. The cost to lift restrictions is $200.
Welcome Center Garage Reservations
Parking may be available for reservation in the Welcome Center Garage for conferences and special events held at the Reitz Union or in nearby facilities. TAPS reserves the right to limit the number of spaces that may be reserved for each event.
- A minimum of 20 spaces is required for garage reservations.
- Due to the limited number of parking spaces in this garage and the high number of events held at the Reitz Union, reservations should be made as far in advance as possible.
Garage Reservation Fees and Policies
Normal garage operating hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Reservation Fee Schedule
All reservations will be billed for the total number of spaces reserved rather than spaces used.
Please make sure that you have an accurate count of guests attending to ensure that you’re not billed for unused spaces.
For events occurring within normal operating hours, the charge for reserved parking will be $8 per space per day to reserve spaces for guests arriving anytime between 7:30 AM – 12:00 PM.
If spaces must be reserved for guests arriving between 12:00 PM – 4:30 PM, an additional charge of $2 per space per day will be assessed in order to guarantee those spaces (total cost $10 per space per day).
For events held during non-operating hours (after 4:30 PM on weekdays and anytime on weekends) the charge for reserved parking will be $5 per space plus a $50 administrative fee. TAPS reserves the right to charge additional fees as needed.
Event hosts may also choose to have their guests pay for their spaces individually upon arrival. For reservations where event hosts choose this option, the host will be charged as shown above for any unused spaces out of the total number reserved.
Spaces will be held until 30 minutes after the starting time of the event before being released for general use (event hosts may request a longer hold time for events if necessary).
TAPS cannot guarantee re-entry privileges for event reservations. Guests who remove their vehicles from the garage after parking may not have an available parking space upon re-entry.
A permit provided by the event host with the name, date and time of the event is required to enter the reserved spaces. Event hosts are required to submit a copy of their permit to TAPS to facilitate guest identification.
Please contact Transportation and Parking Services at (352) 392-PARK (7275) with any questions you may have regarding your reservation.