Contractors And Vendors
How To Purchase a Commercial Parking Permit
Commercial permits are available for purchase by contractors and vendors at the TAPS Customer Relations Office and may be paid by cash, check, money order, or credit/debit card. Our office is open Monday – Friday (8 AM – 4:30 PM) and is located at 1273 Gale Lemerand Drive Gainesville, FL 32608.
For more information, please call TAPS at (352) 392-PARK (7275).
Commercial Permit Eligibility and Pricing
|Permit Type||Eligibility Requirements||Parking Options||Price|
|Contractors and vendors at the University of Florida
*Students are not eligible to purchase a Commercial permit
Contractor/Vendor Parking Rules and Regulations
Permanently Marked Contractor Vehicles (identified as being clearly and conspicuously marked with non-removable, non-transferable painted or vinyl lettering or company logos on both sides of the vehicle body):
- May park in non-reserved, permit restricted parking lots including Orange, Blue, Commuter, Red, Brown and “All Permit” areas, with no permit required. They may not park in Gated areas, Carpool zones, reserved spaces, bike lanes, on the grass, on sidewalks, in no parking zones, etc. at any time.
- May park in service drives, with no service drive permit required.
- Note that magnetic signs, windshield placards, mirror hang-tags, notes, etc. are not considered permanent markings and provide no campus parking privileges whatsoever.
Unmarked Contractor Vehicles:
- The company or vehicle owner may purchase a Commercial permit upon presenting a letter from the company, project manager or department substantiating the need to park on campus. The letter should include an expiration date when applicable.
- The Commercial permit alone does not extend service drive parking privileges. Service drive privileges may be requested in the letter, which should include the reason why service drive privileges are needed. Upon approval by TAPS, a service drive permit will be issued in conjunction with the purchase of the Commercial permit.
- Typically, service drive permits will display a time limit of 1 hour to facilitate the turnover of parking in these areas. If there is a need for a longer time limit, compelling justification should be provided in the letter. Service drive permits with no time limit are issued only under extraordinary circumstances.
Remote Contractor Parking
Permits for parking in the remote contractor lot (currently west of 34th Street) are $5 per month. Any part of a month will be considered a month. These permits will be sold by TAPS at the request of the project manager.
Compounds and Lay-Down Areas
No-cost permits for contractor parking in approved, fenced construction compounds and lay-down areas will be provided by TAPS at the request of the project manager.
The intent of this enforcement policy is to help control and reduce the amount of illegal parking on campus by holding repeat offenders accountable for their actions. Illegal parking reduces the amount of available parking and is unfair to those who have parking permits and properly adhere to UF regulations.