UF Safe Rides By Lyft
UF Safe Rides By Lyft offers current UF students discounted Lyft rides Wednesday through Sunday between the hours of 9 PM – 3 AM. A ride must begin and end within the service area below to qualify for the discount.
- 50% discount on qualifying Lyft Standard or Lyft XL rides
- Rides must begin and end within the service area (see map below) to qualify
- The maximum discount per ride is $15 (50% of a $30 total ride cost)
- Available Wednesday through Sunday from 9 PM – 3 AM
- The discount is not applied during spring break or semester break weeks
- Please contact UF SNAP at (352) 392-SNAP (7627) if you require an ADA-accessible ride
How To Sign Up
At the beginning of each semester, all currently enrolled students who haven’t already signed up for UF Safe Rides By Lyft will receive an invitation email from Lyft Business at your official UF email account. Open it and follow the simple steps inside to sign up for the discount.
You’ll need to have a Lyft account before signing up, though – if you don’t have a Lyft account yet, download the Lyft app and sign up for an account using your UF email address, then follow the steps in the invitation email.
If you can’t find your invitation or believe you didn’t receive it, please make sure to check through your spam or junk mail folders. If you still can’t find your invitation, please notify us here: https://forms.gle/8yZZCi7EHmEx961p9
Once you’ve signed up, your Lyft account will be updated with the discount (under the Promos section in the Lyft app) and you’ll automatically receive 50% off all eligible rides moving forward. You don’t have to do anything else – there’s no need to download or enter codes or make any other updates to your account.
Also, if you see an expiration date of the last day of the current month listed in your Lyft app, don’t worry – the program discount is automatically re-applied on the first day of each month, so the last day of the current month will always show as an expiration date but won’t affect your ability to receive discounted rides.
To qualify for the 50% discount, your Lyft Standard or Lyft XL ride must begin and end within the service area shown on the map below.
Tips For Riding Safe And Smart With Lyft
- Verify your ride by making sure the license plate number, driver information, and car make and model match what you see in the app
- Share your location and route with a friend or loved one from within the Lyft app so they can follow your ride in real time
- Follow the Lyft vehicle on GPS via the app
- Ask the driver to say who they are picking up
- Learn more about riding smart with Lyft’s Rider Safety resources
Lyft’s Health Safety Program
In response to COVID-19, Lyft has launched a Health Safety Program which includes:
- Personal health certification for drivers and riders
- Required face masks for drivers and riders
- Health safety education for drivers and riders
- Distribution of cleaning supplies and masks for drivers
- Read more about Lyft’s Health Safety Program