UF Safe Rides By Lyft
UF Safe Rides By Lyft offers current UF students discounted Lyft rides Wednesday through Sunday between the hours of 9 PM – 3 AM. A ride must begin and end within the service area below to qualify for the discount.
As of November 1, 2020, the UF Safe Rides By Lyft discount has been increased from 25% to 50% on all qualifying rides.
- 50% discount on qualifying Lyft Standard or Lyft XL rides
- Rides must begin and end within the service area to qualify
- The maximum discount per ride is $15 (50% of a $30 total ride cost)
- Available Wednesday through Sunday from 9 PM – 3 AM
- The discount is not applied during spring break or semester break weeks
- Please contact UF SNAP at (352) 392-SNAP (7627) if you require an ADA-accessible ride
How To Sign Up
On Tuesday, August 25, 2020, all currently enrolled students received an invitation at their official UF email account from Lyft Business regarding the UF Safe Rides Lyft Pass discount. Open this email and follow the simple steps inside to sign up for the UF Safe Rides program.
Your discount will then automatically be applied to your account within the Lyft app (in the Promos section) to rides which meet the program eligibility criteria. If you don’t have a Lyft account yet, download the Lyft app and sign up for an account using your UF email address, then follow the steps in the invitation email to access the discount.
If you cannot find your invitation or believe that you did not receive it, please make sure to check through your spam or junk mail folders. If you still can’t find your invitation, please notify us of the issue here: https://forms.gle/8yZZCi7EHmEx961p9
If you see an expiration date of the last day of the current month listed in your Lyft app, don’t worry – the program discount is automatically re-applied on the first day of each month, so the last day of the current month will always show as an expiration date but won’t affect your ability to receive discounted rides.
To qualify for the 50% discount, your Lyft Standard or Lyft XL ride must begin and end within the service area shown on the map below.
Lyft’s Health Safety Program
In response to COVID-19, Lyft has launched a Health Safety Program which includes:
- Personal health certification for drivers and riders
- Required face masks for drivers and riders
- Health safety education for drivers and riders
- Distribution of cleaning supplies and masks for drivers
- Read more about the program here
Tips For Riding Smart With Lyft
- Verify your ride by making sure the license plate number, driver information, and car make and model match what you see in the app
- Share your location and route with a friend or loved one from within the Lyft app so they can follow your ride in real time
- Follow the Lyft vehicle on GPS via the app
- Ask the driver to say who they are picking up
- Learn more about riding smart with Lyft here