UF Safe Rides By Lyft
UF Safe Rides By Lyft offers currently-enrolled UF students discounted Lyft Standard rides Wednesday through Sunday between the hours of 9 PM – 3 AM. A ride must begin and end within the service area below to qualify for the discount.
- 50% discount on qualifying Lyft Standard or Lyft XL rides
- Rides must begin and end within the service area (see map below) to qualify
- The maximum discount per ride is $15 (50% of a $30 total ride cost)
- Available Wednesday through Sunday from 9 PM – 3 AM
- The discount is not applied during spring break or semester break weeks
- Please contact UF SNAP at (352) 392-SNAP (7627) if you require an ADA-accessible ride
How To Sign Up
First, to participate in UF Safe Rides, you’ll need to have a Lyft account. If you don’t have one yet, download the Lyft app and create your account.
If you’re a currently enrolled student, you’ll automatically receive a invitation email from Lyft at the beginning of each Fall semester which will allow you to sign up for UF Safe Rides. Once you receive your invitation email, just click the link inside to add the program discount to your Lyft account, and you’re all set.
However, if you missed your invitation email or can’t find it, you can follow the steps below to sign up for the UF Safe Rides discount:
- Open the Lyft app, sign into your account, and type the code UFSAFERIDES in the Lyft Pass section of the app’s Payment tab.
- After typing in the code, the app will prompt you to enter your UF email address.
- Lyft will then verify your eligibility to participate in UF Safe Rides as a current UF student and send you an invitation email with a link to add the program discount to your app.
That’s it – once you’ve received your invitation email and clicked the sign-up link inside, your Lyft account will be updated with the discount (under the Lyft app’s Promos section) and you’ll automatically receive 50% off all eligible rides moving forward. You don’t have to do anything else – there’s no need to download or enter codes or make any other updates to your account.
Also, if you see an expiration date of the last day of the current month listed for UF Safe Rides in your Lyft app, don’t worry – the program discount is automatically re-applied on the first day of each month, so the last day of the current month will always show as an expiration date but won’t affect your ability to receive discounted rides.
To qualify for the 50% discount, your Lyft Standard or Lyft XL ride must begin and end within the service area shown on the map below.
Safe Rides Map
Tips For Riding Safe And Smart With Lyft
- Verify your ride by making sure the license plate number, driver information, and car make and model match what you see in the app
- Share your location and route with a friend or loved one from within the Lyft app so they can follow your ride in real time
- Follow the Lyft vehicle on GPS via the app
- Ask the driver to say who they are picking up
- Learn more about riding smart with Lyft’s Rider Safety resources